Sunday, April 5, 2009

Entrecard ~Should I stay or should I go?

I thought the whole point of Entrecard was a FREE ad network for bloggers. I approved a few paid ads to be displayed on my site and you know what I found out? That when you approve a paid ad, it doesn't get in line like the rest of the ads, it jumps right to the top, overwriting any currently running [free] ad. I for one, do not like that at all.

I will go in an select not to accept paid ads (if that is possible, which I think it is) and from now on I am only approving the regular ads that I have all along. I've noticed I haven't had any regular EC credit ads, only paid. I for one, can't afford to use paid advertising. Correction, I do, but it is on a popular sewing blog and well worth it. I enjoy being able to purchase advertising with my EC credits.

I will not be approving any paid ads. I've already approved quite a few, and my whole page is full plus full of ads requesting time. I understand this not being a team player, but I already spent way too much time dropping and if this turns out to be a "chore", I'd just as soon quite the whole show.

I hope you understand and will still advertise with your earned credits.

7 comments:

Lynne said...

I completely understand and am disappointed in EC. I feel the same way, I don't mind approving a few paid ads, but I now have over 40 and it's not increasing my traffic at all and I earn nothing, not even EC credits. I opted to approve only blogs in my category, but that isn't what I'm getting, very frustrating.

Duni said...

I feel the same. I have this mile-long list of paid ads, and they totally block the normal Entrecard ads. Also, I now have to check each incoming ad, before approving them. Yes, it is a chore!
Furthermore, my own ads (the normal ones) aren't displayed enough, meaning I don't get any clicks and therefore wasted my credits. I'm taking a wait and see attitude, but I won't be accepting new paid ads. The list is just too long!

Unknown said...

I feel the same way.
I'm only using my credits on pages who don't accept paid ads, and I don't accept paid ads either.

Seems an entrecard inner circle is developing. :)

Contrariwise said...

I did the exact same thing you did. I do not accept paid ads.

I still haven't decided whether I will stay on with EntreCard. I'm not happy with this change.

Swapna said...

I understand.. I also approved same paid ads and learned a bit late about the jumping in line.. so I am also going to stop approving the paid ads

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

If it makes you feel better I am not happy at all either! I just went into my settings and made it stricter to make it to my dashboard and truthfully don't plan on accepting many more of them!

Also there are people I drop on everyday and I didn't make their top 10 either :(

Sinclair said...

I have been on the fence and almost left completely, but I have chosen the same as you for now. I am keeping EC and not approving paid ads. I liked the concept the way it was before they ruined it, and will use it this way as long as I am allowed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails