Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My First Artist feature: ZEBA COLLECTION : Your Source of UNIQUE Jewelry

ZEBA COLLECTION http://zeba.etsy.com is definitely a wonderful source for UNIQUE jewelry. She has some very beautiful pieces of jewelry and it was hard to pick my favorite, but I finally settled on this one:


Here is my interview with the shop owner, Sholeh ( isn't that a great name!)

What is your shop's name and where are you located (url)
My shop is called Zeba and is located at http://zeba.etsy.com

How long have you been in business?
For about two years.

What motivated you to go into the crafting business?
I love making jewelry, but you can only make so much for yourself, friends and family. Also, the cost of materials for making jewelry is high and since I don’t have unlimited funds, I started to run out money. So, to make a long story short, I had to think about selling my work. My daughter told me about Etsy and the rest is history.


what's is your favorite item you've ever made?
That is a tough one because I like them all. But If I had to choose one, I would say the ‘Serpent Necklace’
at http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=15036971.
I searched a lot to find the right combination of beads for the body and figuring out how to make the clasp work without distorting the shape of the snake. I have to say, I am very pleased with the way it turned out.

It's a good day when ...
my photographs come out clear, precise and artistic at the same time. Taking photographs of my work has been the hardest and most frustrating part of my eCommerce business. I

Do you have any advise for someone who wants to open a shop on Etsy?
Expect to spend a lot of time, listing, promoting and advertising for your shop. Making the jewelry is only 1/6 of the time, the other 1/3 goes to listing the item and 2/3 of my time goes towards taking pictures. The time consuming part of the listing is to figure out how to describe the item.
Etsy: Your place to buy & sell all things handmade
Zeba.etsy.com

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails